Environment protection and waste cutting are excellent and efficient methods, especially when searching for cheap and accessible ways. To start with this, using eco-friendly straws instead of plastic straws is an efficient method to clean the environment.
These environmentally beneficial straws are designed from various sustainable materials like silicone, glass, bamboo, and stainless steel.
These reusable and plastic straws alternatives are easy to clean either in a dishwasher or by hand, and the design seems to be very cute. They come in various colors that can soothe your eyes and can make you sip happy.
It gives immense pleasure to sip iced coffee or your favourite drink, knowing that you are helping the environment recover. Make use of these reusable straws on beaches and enjoy sipping your favourite drink.
Plastic straws indeed cause significant harm to the planet, and this activity is increasing day by day. Plastic straws have become one of the significant causes of ocean pollution, harming aquatic life and harming other animals and humans who love to consume seafood.
It’s high time to ban these plastic & one use harmful straws and head towards Eco-friendly plastic straws alternatives. A wide range of options is available for you to choose from.
There are almost 7.6 million plastic straws found on beaches that can cause serious health hazards. Time has come to throw away plastic straws and uses non-harmful straws that offer Eco-friendly advantages. Carry one with you everywhere you travel. To respect your decision to turn away from plastic, here are some plastic straws alternatives that you may go for and make the environment Eco-friendly.
12 Plastic Straws Alternatives
Fortunately, these reusable straws don’t cause any harm to the planet and make the bio-degradation process very easy. It offers greener products by lowering environmental risk and allows people to live a sustainable life. Let’s dive into some beautiful reusable and Eco-friendly straws.
- Wheat StrawsDesigned from wheat stems and sprouts from pure natural material. This natural material is considered waste in production houses, so converting this waste into straws saves natural resources.
- Don’t cause any damage to the environment and are single use straws. If you throw them off, they will disappear in just a few months.
- These types of straws work best in restaurants as this sector can’t continue without single-use items. Goes perfect with every occasion.
- superior natural alternative toPlastic Straws, Paper Straws, Stainless Steel Straws
- SAFE - no harmful chemicals used in making the straws
- Made from natural Bamboo – Bio-degradable
- Assorted Thicknesses For Various Drinks
- Bamboo is one of the best natural materials, and all bamboo accessories are solid and rigid. It acts to be the best plastic alternative.
- A pure plant-based material that includes high sustainability along with better antibacterial properties.
- Every straw is designed from unique bamboo and can be used again and again as the material is grown organically. Enjoy both cold and hot drinks with bamboo straws.
- The high quantum of fibre in borkut helps regulate bowel movements and digestion.
- Borkut powder have low salt content and high potassium content, and both of these qualities about the fruit ensures that your blood pressure levels are in check.
- Consuming borkut powder may help you have stronger bones too. Jujubes are loaded with like calcium, phosphorous, and iron which helps improves bone strength
- Borkut powder are a powerhouse of essential vitamins and antioxidants. They are particularly very rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C helps vitalizing skin, fights free radicals and strengthens the immunity by keeping diseases at bay.
- Harvest straws are another excellent option for those who move to plastic straws alternatives as they are made up of grain stalks.
- These types of straws are convenient to use and offer outstanding durability.
- Once you finish it off, please take it in the compost making.
Papaya leaf stem straws
- Papaya leaf stem straws, one of the beautiful and stylish plastic alternatives and are easy to create.
- Just rinse stems and scrape off the leaves and enjoy fresh coconut water or tropical cocktails.
- These straws are not available online to some extent, so design them yourself if you live near this plant.
- Hay straws are designed from pure natural material and are fully biodegradable. They have been in use since old times, so use them if you want to recreate the old days.
- When used, these straws don’t leave any traces behind, and these straws never go lifeless.
- But, due to their thinning property and low durability, these straws are not best to some extent. You can’t depend on them only.
- REUSABLE METAL STRAWS: Our metal straws offer an eco-friendly alternative to plastic straws. A pack of 4 comes with two bent and two straight straws along with a cleaning brush use, clean, and repeat as many times as you want.
- LIGHTWEIGHT STAINLESS STEEL: Made from 304 stainless steel, our metal straws, food-grade and BPA-free, weigh just 7 grams each. They are not only portable but also durable and dishwasher-friendly.
- PERFECT FOR ALL OCCASIONS: Our metal straws blend seamlessly with table decor and are great for travelling as well as parties. You can enjoy your smoothie, bubble tea, juice, etc. anywhere with ease.
- FREE CLEANING TOOL AND POUCH: Our metal straws come in paper packaging that is easy to carry and wash, and a brush to clean any particle stuck in the straw. The whole set is travel-friendly and reusable.
- Cane straws, the best biodegradable material and best plastic straw alternative that proves beneficial to the environment.
- Designed from agriculture by-products that enable you to preserve natural resources and tolerate various types of bites due to their durability. Easy to wash and can be used again.
- It goes well with all types of beverages like hot, cold, smoothies, or fresh drinks and has become the best plastic alternative.
- Environmentally friendly paper straws.
- The straws provide definitely for a successful banquet.
- Paper straws, most frequently taken in use instead of plastic straws and mainly can be seen in use in bars, cafes, and other related places.
- Designed from renewable sources, and has the property of easy biodegradation and lowers the risk of carbon footprint.
- Used paper straws don’t cause any harm to the ocean and the environment, but they sometimes add an unpleasant paper pulp taste.
Wheat Grass Straws
- An eco-friendly, sustainable, and unique plastic alternative that is not available in the market so quickly.
- These types of straws are very safe for aquatic life and can decay in only a few days.
- These straws are designed to be pure plant-based and, to some extent, look like plastic from outer appearance.
- These straws are easy to wash and reusable, and recommended as the best alternative as they don’t add any taste.
- It can be used for hot drinks as it can’t conduct heat.
- An eco-friendly straw along with fancy style.
- A Unique Product: Make your child a milk lover while supplementing with vital nutrients including vitamins, minerals, carbohydrate, proteins and colostrum.
- Contains Colostrum: Colostrum, also popular as cows first milk helps to enhance physical performance, promotes growth factor, protects from flu, modulates immune system and strengthen digestive system.
- Safe To Use: No artificial flavor, no artificial color, no preservatives, gluten free and nut free. Contains natural and nature identical flavors and natural color.
- Environment Friendly: 100% recyclable, BPA free, food grade straw; Certifications: ISO 9001:2015, ISO 22000, GMP certified.; Convenient Option: Mess free, easy to store and easy to carry option to enjoy healthy and flavored milk on the go.
- A new type of straw is available in the market and considered a new type of plastic alternative.
- These types of straws help the planet become clean and add certain flavours to your favourite beverages.
- Easy to compost and biodegrade and seems to be a funny and unique choice.
- WHAT YOU REALLY GET: Unbox a deluxe Expresso new edition package and discover 8 reusable stainless steel straws (4 straight and 4 bent) and 2 ergonomically designed cleaning brushes. Use the brushes to keep the straws clean till next time!
- WIDE ENOUGH FOR ALL YOUR DRINKS: Enjoy your favorite drinks and beverages with these straws. Ideal for cocktails, sodas, cola, blended frozen drinks, freshly squeezed juice, milkshakes, smoothies, iced tea or coffee, beer, wine and many more.
- HASSLE FREE WASHING: Forget about plastic waste and ocean pollution. Our straws are made of high quality stainless steel, thus are 100% reusable. When it’s cleaning time, toss them in the dishwasher and let it do the rest. No hand fatigue, no scrubbing.
- 100% SAFE – 100% BPA FREE: Boasting a BPA free stainless steel craftsmanship, these drinking straws are safe for all. Women, men, teens and kids as well. They are durable, compact, long, odorless, portable, lightweight, and won’t degrade over time!
- The best option for those people who don’t like glass and plastic straws, as these straws are much more sustainable and soft.
- The best option of reusable straw for kids, the elderly, and disabled persons for daily use.
- These types of straws are safe to use until purchased from a trusted company.
Coconut leaf straws
- Organic, Biodegradable, Sustainable, Eco-Friendly drinking straws
- Stays in liquid for hours and has a shelf life of 1 year.
- Natural beauty- No two straws look exactly same
- No external coating
- These easy to wash and reusable straws are considered to be stylish and fabulous. It looks nice with its polished surface and black color.
- Don’t include any harmful toxins, and include antibacterial properties along with no taste during sipping.
- Easy to carry anywhere due to its low weight.
Benefits of reusable straws
Plastic, a harmful thing, is designed from non-renewable sources and the pollution produced from plastic manufacturing units causes harm and even kills many aquatic animals. However, plastic straws create more imbalance that ultimately leads to environmental damage.
One method to reduce plastic damage to the environment is to switch over Eco-friendly or bamboo straws. Here are some incredible benefits of reusable straws.
1. Lowers ocean trash
According to research, around 7 million plastic waste, especially plastic straws, accumulates every year in oceans that degrades the quality of oceans. Plastic waste is not biodegradable, and in the near future, it is estimated that there will be more plastic waste in oceans than aquatic life. So, switching over to reusable straws can stop from doing so, as these types of straws break naturally and avoid any harm to aquatic life.
2. Reduction of microplastics
Plastics leave microplastics that can’t be seen by the naked eye and significantly affect the food chain and animals. Aquatic animals that consume these microplastics don’t receive proper nourishment and ultimately die. On the other hand, reusable straw vanishes entirely in just a few days and doesn’t even enter the oceans. If by chance, they add up in the ocean, then it doesn’t cause any harm.
3. Non-toxic nature
Due to the slow process of plastic breakdown, it can emit harmful chemicals into the environment and leach into rivers, making it suffer. Plastics present in the ocean disturb the hormonal balance of aquatic animals on consumption.
On the other hand, reusable straws don’t emit harmful chemicals and are easy to digest by organisms, and change to organic matter. So, switching to eco-friendly straws can create a difference.
Changing habits is a challenging task but very crucial to saving the environment. Plastic straws have indeed become a serious threat to humans, animals, and oceans. Thus, everyone needs to become conscious and move towards Eco-friendly straws.
There is a long list of varying straws to select from. Let’s make a vow to change the planet for a better future and to save it from every harmful chemical. Go for pure plant-based biodegradable straws.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How can you avoid the use of plastic straws?
Plastic is attached to human life as a magnet & because of plastic, our environment is teeming with many toxic gases, diseases, chemicals due to its non-biodegradable property. To avoid the use of plastic straws, there are many alternatives present people could use.
Q2. Are plastic straws cheaper than bamboo straws?
There is no doubt; plastic straws are much cheaper than bamboo straws due to their popularity, easy availability, lightweight, low cost, & manufacturing process is also much more accessible. On the other hand, bamboo straws don’t have any characteristics. People are not aware of Bamboo straws & their benefits.
Q3. What are edible straws?
Edible straws are straws made using specific ingredients like rice flour, wheat flour, sugar, etc. These are edible & completely environmentally friendly or considered a zero waste product because people can eat straws as a cooked snack after use as a straw. Edible straws are excellent for shakes, ice cream, desserts, & similar food items.
Q4. What’s people’s first choice, bamboo or metal?
Comparing bamboo or metal straws, both have their advantages. When looking for eco-friendly straws, bamboo straws are the first choice that comes to any person’s mind because it’s a natural, biodegradable product. Instead, metal offers an excellent hardness & could get in your desired color, design.
Q5. Do Bamboo Straws affect the taste of the drink?
Do bamboo straws affect the taste, or is it just a myth? Let me tell those who are serious about the flavour of their drinks; generally, bamboo straws don’t affect the taste.
In some cases, it could affect your drink depending on the quality of the straw & how strong, hot the item is.
- 10 Best Sustainable Eco-Friendly Wooden Sunglasses | Detailed Guide
- 12 Ultimate Sustainable Eco-Friendly Face Masks : You Could Use In Pandemic
- 9 Amazing Eco-Friendly Travel Products Add In Your Backpack | Right Now
- Do Olympic 2020 Medals Are Made From Recycling E-Waste