The importance of leading a healthy, environmentally friendly lifestyle is increasing. In a time when items are made with dangerous chemicals and then tossed away once they are no longer beneficial, this cannot be easy.
Being environmentally concerned is not necessary only for show. Do what’s beneficial for your everyday life instead, and eco-friendly notebooks may contribute to that! Fortunately, several environmentally friendly notebooks make it simple to protect the environment while still having everything you desire to succeed. The most environmentally friendly notebooks use soy ink and recycled paper, making them healthier for the environment and human health.
If you don’t know anything about eco-friendly notebooks, keep reading. In this post, we’ve prepared a list of eco-friendly notebooks makers with their benefits and drawbacks to make it easier for you to record all of your critical ideas without endangering the environment.
What are Eco-Friendly Notebooks?
Eco-friendly notebooks are manufactured with ecologically friendly materials and manufacturing processes. Historically, the materials used to construct notebooks were not very environmentally friendly, but a growing number of notebook manufacturers are now producing environmentally friendly notebooks.
What Materials Are Used in Eco-Friendly Notebooks?
There are many ways to save the environment, Owning a Eco- friendly Notebook is one of them. You can purchase environmentally friendly notebooks from almost every school supplies retailer. Numerous recycled, soy-based, and FSC-certified materials are available for these notebooks.
However, the material used to manufacture the cover of a notebook is the most crucial factor to take into account. The majority of notebooks are constructed from a mix of plastic and cardboard.
While environmentally friendly notebooks manufactured from soy include cardboard covers and soy-based plastic binding, those created from recycled materials have plastic binding and cardboard covers.
Some of the Best Eco-friendly Notebooks
Are you looking for environmentally friendly notebook options? No need to worry any longer; we have everything you need.
Here are some fantastic eco-sustainable notebook solutions with eco-friendly packaging. Read on to learn about some environmentally friendly solutions if you enjoy taking notes by hand but are concerned about the environmental effects.
The Northbooks Eco-Friendly Notebook
- A NEW TAKE ON A CLASSIC JOURNAL You wanted a bigger journal and we listened! Our B5 7 x 10 inch notebook is completely the result of our customer requests. We’ve designed it to lay perfectly flat so you can use every inch of the 96 page journal. This notebook is great for those looking to take their notes, to-do lists, and more to the next level.
- MINIMALIST DESIGN Your work deserves the spotlight. Northbooks’ minimalist design stays out of the way, keeping the focus on what you put to paper. So you can feel free to let those creative juices flow; we’ll just be here in the background cheering you on.
- PAPER WITH A PURPOSE On the outside our 50% post-consumer recycled paper cover is soft enough to remain pliable, but sturdy enough to sit in the bottom of your bag with no worries. On the inside our 60 lb/ 90 GSM 30% recycled paper resists feathering, ghosting, and bleeding without adding extra bulk. It’s acid free and a tasteful cream color that allows you to effortlessly see your designs even in direct sunlight.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED All of our paper is sustainably sourced from forests in the USA. It is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) Chain-of-Custody certified. This means we look beyond the economics to consider ethics and the environment. Because Northbooks knows what you do is just as important as how you do it!
Specifically, when it comes to notebooks, Northbook is the ideal blend of eco-friendly and rising products. This Notebook features 96 pages of premium paper that resists bleeding, feathering, and ghosting. The thick, robust sheets are perfect for taking notes, doodling, and drawing. The Notebook has 30% FSC and SFI-certified sustainable paper and is 50% recyclable. An excellent notepad for authors, artists, students, and businesspeople.
- Finest Quality.
- FSC and SFI approved.
- Beautiful Design.
- It Features 4 different styles.
- A small number of pages.
- There is just one size available.
Rocketbook Fusion Smart Reusable Notebook
- No more wasting paper – this 42 page notebook has 7 different page styles for planning, listing, goal setting, note-taking, sketching, and sharing big ideas
- Blast your handwritten notes to popular cloud services like Google drive, Dropbox, Evernote, box, OneNote, Slack, iCloud, email and more using the free Rocketbook application for iOS and Android
- Allow 15 seconds for ink from any Pilot Frixion pen, marker, or highlighter to dry in order for it to bond to our specialized pages – just wipe clean with a damp cloth to start over
- 42 pages include task list, weekly planner, monthly calendar, OKR goal template, idea list, dot-grid, and lined pages
A line of premium green notebooks called Rocketbook Fusion Smart Reusable Notebook was developed especially for authors, artists, and intellectuals. Rocketbook notebooks are not unique but also ecologically responsible because they are created in Mexico from recycled materials and printed on recycled paper.
- Hefty pages.
- Free of plastic packaging.
- Has two distinct styles.
- The Notebook is not flat and is rather little.
- There is just one colour option.
The Kathmandu Valley Co. Notebook
- EARTH-FRIENDLY NOTEBOOK: 5×8 inch journal with 96 Deckle-edge (rough cut) pages handmade from the renewable Lokta Bush (192 pages front and back).
- HANDMADE PAPER: Non-tree paper made from the Lokta bush grown in the high altitude of the Himalayan Mountains.
- NATURE’S COLORS: Vegetable-dyed cover using walnut husks for the spine and cutch wood resin for the cover, making each journal unique.
- SUN-KISSED IN THE HIMALAYAS: Lokta bush fibers are cooked into pulp and then spread by hand over boxed screens and set to dry in the Himalayan sun, creating the paper. Pages contain natural flecks and texture unique to the art of hand-crafted Lokta paper.
You may get the finest handmade diaries and notebooks from Nepal created with the finest Lokta Paper at Kathmandu Valley Co. Store. These diaries are ideal for note-taking, writing, and drawing. Every Notebook is handmade, one-of-a-kind, and green.
- Outstanding quality and durability.
- Tree-free paper.
- Two distinct sizes.
- Three distinct colours.
- Quite a few pages.
The Tree Of Craft Notebook
The eco-friendly, 100% animal-free Tree of Craft leather diary is ideal for authors, illustrators, painters, and anybody who enjoys writing. It has gorgeous pages made from repurposed cotton carpets and a premium cover made of soft leather. A distinct natural substance is devoid of animal products, durable, and supple.
- Beautiful Design.
- High quality.
- The only animal-free design is this one, so be wary of other styles.
The Scrib Notebook
It’s the ideal Notebook for making notes, keeping a journal, or perhaps penning your next big bestseller. With the help of their relationship with One Tree Planted, each purchase of this 58-inch lined notebook results in planting a tree. It features 60 pages of recycled paper.
- Strong Cover.
- Made from seed paper that is planted.
- Simple style.
- We identified no drawbacks.
Why do we choose an Eco-Friendly Notebook over a normal one?
You may already be aware of the problems that laptops have with the environment. To comprehend the standards we’re applying for our list, and it’s worthwhile to go through the following:
- Not just the notebooks but also the pens, ink, and other materials are used to make them.
- The product’s longevity (or lack thereof).
- Both the notebooks and the accessories are wasted and recycled.
After gaining the knowledge about the importance of Eco-friendly Products. We are all aware that commonplace notebooks are created from trees, which are crucial in the battle against global warming. However, we must also consider other Notebook components, like the colours and bindings. After purhcasing a Eco-friendly notebooks we can also provides a positive value to our mother earth.
What Qualities & Advantages Should An Eco-Friendly Notebook Have?
Although most people are accustomed to replacing their notebooks every few months, purchasing a more sustainable notebook has several advantages. Durability, adaptability, and eco-friendliness are the characteristics you should seek in an eco-friendly notebook.
- All-natural or sustainably collected wood pulp, which offers a renewable, biodegradable fibre supply without harming the environment, is used to make eco-friendly notebooks. Natural materials, such as cotton and linen fibres, bagasse, abaca hemp pulp, and post-consumer recycled waste paper, make “tree-free” or “wood-free” notebooks.
- Paper devoid of toxins, sometimes known as “chemical-free” paper, employs recycled materials or all-natural components as binders. Typically, it is not treated with hazardous chemicals like bleach or chlorine. This kind of Notebook best serves environmental protection and the needs of those who are chemically sensitive. The only issue is that it might be challenging to locate them in stores. Additionally, it could be difficult to determine whether the Notebook is free of dangerous contaminants. Thus organic certification is advised.
- These journals don’t have any plastic coatings or binders. Additionally, they include more post-consumer recycled material than typical notebooks, making them simpler to recycle once you’ve finished using them.
- Animal products are not used in the manufacture of eco-friendly notebooks. They could utilise synthetic materials that resemble leather but are more robust in place of leather. Vegetarians and vegans who don’t wish to use anything made from animals for any reason would love this kind of notepad
- Oils derived from petroleum are not used to manufacture recycle paper notebook. They can use plant or soybean oil, which is cholesterol-free and suitable for vegans, in place of oil derived from petroleum which also helps to conserve energy. Another choice that works well with the majority of writing tools and has a minimal allergy potential for responses to other types of ink is soy-based ink.
- Wanted to make school eco-friendly? Eco-friendly notebooks are perfect for use in the classroom because of how tough they are. Students may choose a pleasant notebook because it comes in a wide range of designs, sizes, and colours.
What are the Uses Of Eco-Friendly Notebooks?
Eco-friendly notebooks and journal, in general, are incredibly practical and are available in every imaginable design. They are also reasonably priced. Additionally, you may utilise them for a variety of purposes. You may write down your ideas, like blog postings or use them in your academic work. Make a list of the items you need to get at the store.
Additionally, notebooks might be helpful if you wish to keep a diary or practise your writing. On occasions like Diwali, You may create a guestbook for your event or a guestbook for your wedding. You may create a guestbook so people can leave you or your party with some pleasant remarks. It also leads to celebrating an Eco-Friendly Diwali.
It is well known that paper and the harmful effects of plastics may hurt the environment. Given the booming eco-friendly notebook industry, knowing where to begin might not be easy. This list will enable you to pick the ideal Notebook for your requirements while also ensuring that you contribute to environmental preservation.