Hair colour dyeing has become a fashion for decades. Whether it’s permanent hair colour or temporary, fashion enthusiasts, irrespective of gender, want to experiment with their hair to get a new and trendy look.
However, With raising awareness of the adverse effects synthetic hair colours have on the hair as well as the environment around us, most people prefer natural hair colour products to protect the environment as well as their hair.
In this blog post, let us deeply dive into the world of natural hair dye and explore them.
What Does Natural Hair Colour Mean?
Natural hair colour, also called natural hair dye, is a product that is manufactured from plant-based or naturally derived ingredients rather than synthetic or chemical-based substances. Herbs, botanical extracts, and other natural materials are used in these dyes to create a range of hues and tones.
Natural hair dyes are intended to provide an alternative to standard synthetic dyes, which can contain harsh chemicals like ammonia, peroxide, and parabens.
What Are Key Features Of Natural Hair colours?
Natural hair dyes have some key features. Let us look at them.
The ingredients present in a product clearly indicate whether the product is natural or not. The same applies to natural hair colour, too. The ingredients present in the product should be plant-based, like henna, indigo, amla, etc. These ingredients are purely organic, and some of them are used to prepare organic holi colours, too.
The best natural hair colour has formulation as the main feature. Unlike synthetic dyes that are harsh on the scalp and hair, natural dyes have a gentle formulation and don’t cause any dryness, irritation, or damage to the hair. Some natural hair dyes have the formulation to repair the damage to the scalp and hair.
3. Eco-friendly Nature
From the ingredients that are being used to the packaging, everything of organic hair colour should be eco-friendly. Usually, natural hair dyes support a sustainable lifestyle and use less to no unsustainable ways in the manufacturing process.
4. Nourishing Properties
This is an additional key feature of the best natural hair colour products. Along with providing colour to the hair, some of the products give shine and smoothness to the hair and nourish it.
Benefits of Natural Hair Colour
Natural hair colours are the perfect choice to dye your hair without being compromised about the environment. These colours have many health and environmental benefits. Let us look at them.
1. Gentle on Hair And Scalp
Natural hair colours are simply gentle on hair and scalp. They don’t have harsh chemicals such as ammonia and peroxide and thus save your scalp from further damage. Moreover, natural hair dyes are the best option for people who have sensitive skin. The absence of synthetic ingredients makes these dyes cause less to no irritation to your hair and scalp.
2. Nourishes The Hair
Many natural hair dyes nourish your hair, along with giving it a beautiful colour to it. You need not use separate conditioners as these dyes will make your hair shine and give a smooth texture. As these dyes have botanical extracts as the ingredients, they improve hair quality, too.
3. Wide Range Of Shades
Natural hair dyes have a wide range of shades. Mixing different types of botanical extracts can create lots of shades. Whether it’s red or brown or black or blonde, you can find the colour you wish in these products.
4. Long Lasting colour
People generally think that natural hair dyes don’t last long, but that’s not the truth! Natural hair dyes give a vibrant and long-lasting colour that will make your hair look lovely. On regular application, you can make the shades brighter, too.
5. Environmentally Friendly
Natural hair dyes are Environmentally friendly. Not only just ingredients, but most of the brands support sustainable farming, i.e., they buy ingredients from farmers who use natural pesticides. Some brands use solar panels in manufacturing units. Not only that, but the production and disposal of natural hair dyes will create fewer waste disposal problems.
Most of the natural hair dye brands don’t test them on animals and are cruelty-free. Many of them are vegan-friendly brands, and you can use them guilt-free.
Three Best Natural Hair Dyes Available Online
In the era where we can find even thrift stores online, finding natural hair dyes in online is not difficult. Here, we are providing three of the best natural hair dye products.
1. KeraGain Hair Colour Shampoo
- KERAGAIN AT HOME HAIR COLOR: Just Shampoo and get beautiful, natural-looking, color made with ingredients you can feel good about.
- FULL OF GOOD STUFF :: FREE OF: ammonia, PPD, resorcinol, parabens, phthalates, gluten, SLS, and titanium dioxide. :: FULL OF: good stuff, like hemp leaf oil to nourish and moisturize hair, hops extract to provide strength and add shine, onion oil for hair growth and antioxidant to protect hair from environmental stressors
- EASY TO USE Just Shampoo and leave it for few minutes then rinse to get Natural-looking gray blending for hair while giving hair shine, softness and nourishment.
- Cruelty-Free & Vegan
KERAGAIN At-Home Hair Colour is a quick and simple way to achieve gorgeous, natural-looking hair colour! Packed with beneficial ingredients and free of harsh chemicals like ammonia, PPD, and parabens, it contains hemp leaf oil to moisturize, hops extract to strengthen and shine, and onion oil to promote growth and protection.
All you need to do is shampoo, let it sit for a while, and then rinse it out to achieve a healthy-looking grey that blends in naturally. It’s also cruelty-free and vegan, so you can feel happy about both your hair and the environment!
2. Idika Indigo Powder For Hair
- NATURAL AND CHEMICAL-FREE HAIR INDIGO POWDER- Unlock the secrets of natural and chemical-free hair conditioning with our indigo powder organic for hair! Made from 100% organic indigo leaves, our organic hair color is pure, safe, and effective. Get a natural brown color that’s gentle on your hair and scalp.
- DISCOVER THE SECRET TO STUNNING, INTENSELY BLACK HAIR WITH OUR ORGANIC HAIR COLOR: Combine it with henna powder for immediate, long-lasting results. Elevate to deep black by applying Indigo powder 2-3 days after Idika Henna application
- EASY TO USE – Say goodbye to complicated and messy hair coloring routines! Our indigo powder organic for hair is easy to use and comes in a convenient quantity that’s perfect for multiple applications Simply mix it with water, apply it to your hair, and rinse it off for a beautiful and healthy hair color.
- ORGANIC AND PURE PRODUCT – Give your hair the love and care it deserves with our organic hair colour. Free from harmful chemicals and additives, our powder is made from high-quality organic indigo leaves. Get hair color that’s healthy, vibrant, and pure!r that’s healthy, vibrant, and pure!
Idika Indigo Powder for hair has a lovely, natural brown colour and is made entirely of organic indigo leaves. Blend it with henna powder and apply two to three days later for very dark hair. Simple to use: simply combine with water, apply, and rinse to achieve a radiant, healthy hue. Idika’s organic and pure product is devoid of dangerous chemicals and provides a long-lasting colour that lasts for weeks.
3. MATRU Ayurveda Henna And Indigo Powders
- Henna and indigo powders are 100% pure leaf powders which makes your hair healthy.
- Mix henna powder with water and form a paste. Apply this paste onto hair and let it dry. Wash off once the henna is dry. Once the hair is completely dry, use indigo color, let it dry and rinse off.
- Matru ayurveda henna and indigo powders is gluten free, vegan and not tested on animals.
- Shelf life: 24 months from the date of manufacture. Once opened: 12 months.
Matru Ayurveda Henna and Indigo powders are 100% pure leaf powders with natural goodness for healthy hair. Simply make a paste of henna powder and water, apply it, let it dry, then wash it off. After your hair has dried, apply the indigo colour, let it dry, and rinse.
Matru Ayurvedic powders are cruelty-free, vegan, and gluten-free. They have a shelf life of 24 months if unopened and up to 12 months if opened. This is the best option for both men and women and leaves your hair nourished with healthy and attractive hues.
Natural hair dye products give your hair the best results. Along with your hair, they will also benefit the environment. You can find various trusted brands and buy the product from them online. It’s high time for you to shift from synthetic hair dyes to natural ones. However, it is suggestable to conduct a patch test before you apply them.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are natural hair colours as effective as synthetic ones?
Yes. Natural hair colours are as effective as synthetic ones. However, the results of the dyes depend on the maintenance and texture of an individual’s hair. If it is taken care of properly, it can last longer.
2. Can natural hair dye cover gray hair effectively?
Yes. Natural hair dyes, especially indigo and henna, are known for their effectiveness in covering gray hair successfully. However, sometimes you need to apply them multiple times depending on the shade of gray hair you have.
3. Are natural hair colours suitable for every type of hair?
Generally, organic hair colours are suitable for every type of hair. However, a patch test is highly recommended before you start applying them to your entire hair.
4. Do natural hair dye products contain chemicals?
Usually, natural hair dye products don’t contain chemicals. However, some products may include minimal additives. It is suggested that you check the whole ingredients list before you buy the product.