Organic plantations have been around since the beginning of human civilization. However, today it enjoys increased popularity because of the large number of fertilizers and pesticides hampering our food and health.
This is an undoubted fact that organic and natural aspects of human lives have always ensured good health for our forefathers. This is why the present generation also wants to return to organic plantations; hence, we can witness an increased interest in developing organic gardens.
Observing this increased interest, many gardening experts have developed tips and tricks to help people with organic gardening. One can take assistance from many websites, such as yardsurfer.com, regarding these organic gardening tips.
Relevant Tips for Growing a Sustainable and Organic Garden
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Young, Andrew (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 21 Pages – 07/28/2014 (Publication Date)
A sustainable garden is developing an organic garden that can continue for a long time. Let us walk through some practical tips for creating a sustainable organic garden.
Pay Attention to Compost
Composting done in the right way significantly impacts the development of a sustainable organic garden. Compositing not only enriches or recycles but also improves your soil’s health. This soil, in turn, helps in growing good quality organic plantations.
Also, composting implies less home wastage going to landfills and more nutritious food for your organic plants. Composting while making your soil soft and crumbly reduces water wastage.
In addition, composting leads to the addition of an imperative percentage of micronutrients, phosphorus, potassium, and nitrogen needed for the plant’s growth.
Properly Condition the Soil
As per experts, to get better results for an organic garden, you need to condition the soil well. Just like humans need food to grow, so do plants. Thus, ensure that your plants get all the essential nutrients through the soil.
A healthy and proportionately conditioned soil helps in developing solid plants. Therefore, it is advisable to judge the soil’s quality and make amends if necessary. For this purpose, you can get a home testing kit or send your soil sample to your area’s agricultural office.
Also, ensure that the soil has an appropriate humus quotient, an organic material made up of dead leaves and plants.
Keep the Garden Small at the Beginning
If you are a beginner, starting with a small organic garden is advisable, even if it is a small plot. The reason is that though the organic garden is considered low maintenance, it is not a no-maintenance one for sure.
For starting, you can go with a four by eight feet bed which will offer you enough space for growing your favorite plants. Also, if you are uncomfortable with this much space, you can even grow vegetables in small suitable containers.
Pay Attention to Watering
Along with soil and sunlight, watering is also essential when growing an organic garden. Thus, initiating your organic garden near a well-placed water source, such as a water spigot or a well, is advisable.
You also ensure that you water your organic plant through a garden hose, sprinkler, or drip irrigation. In short, there should be a reliable water source devoid of contaminants near your plants.
Also, the garden should be moist enough but not soggy; otherwise, it may hamper the growth of your plants. In addition, you should water your roots, not greenery, which may be easily damaged. Try to water the plants during the morning time as the loss of water due to evaporation is reduced to a great extent at this time of the day.
Choose your Plants Well
As per experts, choosing the right plants for your organic garden is also essential. It would help if you went for plants that adjust well to the area’s climatic conditions, light, moisture, soil quality, and drainage.
Also, when seeking seedlings, go for plants raised without pesticides and fertilizers. You can always contact your local farmer’s market to get these plants. In addition, you can even get native plants that are perfect for your area.
Garden Essential Tools and Equipment
Foldable Garden Stool
- PREVENT BACK STRAIN: This garden stool comes with sturdy arms and structure to ease getting up and down from your kneeling positions to prevent injuries and keeping movements painless
- MULTIPURPOSE DESIGN: You can use it as an extra bench around the campfire, a perch while bathing the kids, a step stool to change the bird feeder, or turn it over to provide a cushioned site for your knees, making it easier for gardening work
- FOLDABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: This garden kneeler only weighs 5.7lbs and folds with no physical force so you can move from space to space as you perform chores, making it easy to store and carry
- BONUS ITEM: Your package comes with a deluxe removable tool pouch that you can attach to your garden chair with Velcro, and have your clippers, pullers and spades right by your side.
Gardening Tool Set
- 【Ergonomic Handle Tools】: Comfortable and soft non-slip rubber handle with clear finger grip and palm rest outline, which can play a leverage role, thereby reducing fatigue of hands and wrists during work. It is very easy to grasp and ergonomic, and also suitable for the elderly suffering from arthritis, you can easily hold it in your hand for gardening work!
- 【Thickening Process & Higher Hardness】: The gardening tools are made of heavy-duty solid stainless steel and use fine polishing technology to make the mirror smooth and wear-resistant! The thickening process is adopted to increase the hardness and strength of each tool. The overall hardness is higher and stronger, ensuring its toughness and corrosion resistance! (Note: Please keep clean after use to extend its service life)
- 【Efficient & Safe Gardening Work】: There is a spring between the handles of the pruning shears, which can reduce hand fatigue when cutting. It also has a safety lock design that can safely close the sharp blade when not in use, thereby preventing accidental injury. Breathable gardening gloves can protect your hands from dirt and scratches. All handle tools have hanging holes for easy hanging and storage!
- 【Durable & Convenient Garden Tote Bag】: The matching large-capacity gardening bag is made of strong 600D Oxford cloth, durable, tear-resistant, and easy to clean! It can hold all the gardening tools, as well as your other gardening tools or other belongings. The fixed elastic ring and multi-pocket design can fix the tool in place and prevent the tool from being lost!
Green House Net
- Material:plastic virgin , Color: Green, Durable material
- Package Contents:1 x HOMEBUY shad net green 50%, 5mx10m total (16ftx32ft )
- Size: 5x 10 METER Garden Shade Net – green uv treated
- Has 50% UV STABILIZATION sun protection
Garden Tool Organizer
- ULTIMATE GARAGE & GARDEN TOOL ORGANIZER: Can hold up to more than 58 tools, including garden tools, farm tools, lawn tools, and also cleaning supplies, such as shovels, rakes, mops, Brooms and string trimmer etc. Make it easier to sort, organize and access the tools in garden, shed, garage, and backyard etc.
- STRONG & DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION: This garage tool rack and shed organizer made of a durable coated steel frame that’s sturdy enough to withstand indoor or outdoor use. The garage organizer offers long-lasting strength and impressive performance, you will not worry about collapsing like plastic organizer.
- INNOVATIVE GARAGE ORGANIZATION: G-hooks allows for electric tools like string trimmer and some tools with D-grip handle, height-adjustable feet suitable for uneven ground, durable rubber mat can protect your power garden tool ‘s head.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE & PATENT DESIGN: the tool storage rack can only take a few minutes to put together with the help of instruction, which included all hardware and tools needed. Overall product size: L 28.4″ L x 21.7″W x 28″ H.
Plant Watering System
- This micro drip irrigation kit is suitable for an area of 160 square feet. You can water all your plants at one time with 200FT + 26FT irrigation tubing. Simple installation without digging or plumbing skills. Instruction included.
- The new garden watering system design 4×6-Way CONNECTOR can divide the water up to 16 tributaries, effectively increases the water pressure, perfectly solves the problem of lack of water at the end of the irrigation system. MEET ALL YOUR NEEDS.
- MIXC micro drip irrigation kit comes with 3 types of sprayer,the drip emitter can adjust different irrigation modes such as microdroplets, sprays, watering, etc. every water spray nozzle could be adjusted individually according to its setting and needs.
- Plants drip irrigation system can save up to 70% in water savings. Precision watering system delivers just the right amount of water slowly and precisely right where your plant needs it at the root zone.
Garden Watering Can
- Product Model No: 331121
- Product Weight: 0.42 Kgs
- Product Brand Name: Novelty MFG
- TWIN CHAMBER-Designed with 2 chamber benefits Batch composting, which is the most efficient way to produce high-quality compost; Let one side “cook” while you add fresh materials to the other, continuously swapping sides creates an uninterrupted flow of rich, healthy compost
- CREATIVE TUMBLING DESIGN-The rotating design lets your hands-free, avoiding digging and mixing your compost pile by hands, making the mixing more easy and efficient; Just fill it up with garden refuse and kitchen scraps, slide the door closed and give it a turn every couple days
- OUTSTANDING AERATION-Adjustable air vents and deep fins strengthen the air circulation, help decompose the clumps in the chamber and combine lots of oxygen into the compost, easily produce finished compost in weeks
- STURDY & DURABLE CONSTRUCTION-Made of galvanized steel and high-quality PP plastic, this VIVOSUN Tumbling Composter is corrosion-resistant, degrade resistant, sturdy and durable for long-lasting service life
Garden Tool Set – Stainless Steel
- 【Premium Garden Tools for Mom and Dad】- The gardening tool sets includes a large trowel, small trowel, cultivator, hand rake, weeder, pruning shears and an Oxford cloth tote to keep all your tools packed away, which are robust, so you don’t need to worry about rust and damage. High quality, enough durable to cut through thick weeds. Stainless steel garden tools are easier to fix up your garden.
- 【A Neat Pocket to Hold all Tools】 – the nice storage tote bag are designed to hold all the garden tools to ensure you won’t lose any tools.Made of extra-sturdy 600D Oxford cloth, it’s an easy-to-clean tote that resists tears and protects your gear; pack your tools in the deep pockets, each with an elastic cord, to effortlessly carry to and from your garden.
- 【Sturdy and Stainless Steel Garden Set】: Each tool has an ergonomically made soft handle, fashioned from high-quality TRP, that fits comfortably in small and large hands, on top of that, they’re intuitively designed to provide plenty of leverage and save you effort and strain when planting, weeding, and digging. Precisely scaled stainless steel blades that remain sharp for cutting. Sawtooth shovel for easy digging, 2.0 mm thickness, ensuring perfect insertion into the soil.
- 【Comfortable and Easy to Store】 – Non-slip handles for comfortable grip. Reduce stress on your wrists and hands. Each tool comes with a handy hanging hole on the handle makes them easy to be stored.
Organic plants ensure the reduction of pesticides in your food and the protection of the environment. However, organic grocery shopping can take a toll on your monthly budget, which is why many people have been seeking ways to grow sustainable organic gardens for a long time.
The need remains to follow the tips mentioned above and grow your own beautiful organic garden. Happy gardening!